Wednesday, June 11, 2008

YSA MINI CONVENTION

Well there are a lot of people in Melbourne ergo a whole lot more YSA than I am used too.





We has YSA Convention on the weekend which involved a whole lot of fun! So after working four night shifts I woke up Friday afternoon (at 5pm - I was sooooo tired that day), did my bits and pieces, got ready and went to the dance). You can see me here with Pia! Lots of people, not nearly enough available old men - yes, I look in the over 24 age bracket these days!









Saturday morning was a service project at a farm, fun fun fun! We then played some games but best of all Saturday night was Michael Buble concert (Mick Bubble for the Uncle Neil's of the world). He had a big band, making my night even better and to top it all off he played my favourite "The Way You Look Tonight" and "Save The Last Dance For Me". He wasn't as good as Harry but then again, who is? Extra special part was, he played in The Rod Laver Arena. I am soooo getting to all the Melbourne Venues!




Saturday night - post Mickey - we had a small girls night at my house and Sunday morning was Pancake Breakfast at my house! Luckily church didn't start til 2pm, so we slept in, had a yumm breakfast and looked amazing at church! We had a CES Fireside after that and then socialised, like all YSA do - til the lights get turned off. The girls then returned to my house (plus a few extras) for a wall-to-wall sleepover - amazing experience!


Monday was the end of convention with brunch in the park, rained out, and my most hated YSA event - Testimony Meeting (argh - one more 'testimony of YSA' and I will scream!). I survived though, and all in all, some productivity was made and some numbers (mine especially) shared. Monday night was Nick's birthday party (thank goodness he only lives down the road, I was so tired I could hardly pluck up the strength to go). Just thought I would share with you the MASTERPIECE I created for his birthday cake. (The sparkler one)!









Love You All, and Miss You Muchly!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You and your concerts - really is there anyone you havent seen that you want too? Glad you had a great weekend -even more glad you came away with alot of numbers!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget we have a date when that new show "Wicked" is showing in Melbourne - I'm not sure how but I will be there!

Anonymous said...

Hey jane sounds like a blast. Cant wait to see you in August. love amy and simon