
So a couple of weekends ago, I had a visit from Aaron Ferris! I love when friends come to visit, it gives me excuses to do things I haven't done, and redo the stuff I love doing! He got here early on Saturday morning, so we could get a good start on things. We started in the city.
This is a picture of Flinders St Station from Federation Square. It is one of the city stops and one of the oldest train stations in Australia.
After a bit of a City Tour including Melbourne Central, a few laneways, The GPO, Federation Square we headed to the Regent Theatre, one of my favourite Melbourne theatres, to do one of my favourite things, see Wicked! The Musical. It gets better every time I see it, and I must admit I love Fiyero!!! He is my favourite.
We then headed down to Docklands on the tram, and, unfortunately the Melbourne Eye wasn't open yet!

Luckily for Aaron, Docklands wasn't a complete failure. Bumping into such legends as Kylie Minogue, and as you can see, John Farnham.
Not all celbrities were this metallic. As we were crossing the road we passed Jason Akamanis (sorry about the spelling!). His hair is still horrible in the off season. There must have been an AFL wedding.
We then made our way back to the river and over onto South Bank and up the Eureka Sky Tower. 88 Floors up I thought the 360 degree view was pretty amazing. Funnily enough Aaron had been up the Empire State Building, so wasn't too amazing for him. Oh well! You don't win everything!

Just a little pic by the river! By now my feet were aching! Silly vanity - should have worn more comfy shoes!
That night we headed to Italian Central - Lygon St. This is Mafia city, underground crime place, but some of the BEST Italian food you will taste and if you are not there after 11pm the place is jam packed with people, you are fine! We went to my favourite, Papa Ginos for dinner then on to Gelati heaven. A great way to finish a big day!
Sunday of course was church, a walk through the Gardens, St Patrick's Cathedral (some beautiful stained glass, Parliament etc etc etc. We then had dinner and went to a fireside. After that we headed down to St Kilda Pier and visited the Fairy Penguin Colony (I refuse to call them by there now politically correct name little penguins, fairy is cuter).
Monday is a day to make my brothers jealous.
The MCG Tour. Need I say more? We went through the change rooms, the stands, the media boxes, the coach boxes, the clubhouses, saw the view from the top and, as you can see from this next picture. I stood on the turf at the MCG. Jealous yet????

Well that was our 3 days. It was a whole lot of fun! I am excited to come home. Also very excited if you guys would maybe come visit me so we can do something similar!
Love you all
Janey.
This is a picture of Flinders St Station from Federation Square. It is one of the city stops and one of the oldest train stations in Australia.
After a bit of a City Tour including Melbourne Central, a few laneways, The GPO, Federation Square we headed to the Regent Theatre, one of my favourite Melbourne theatres, to do one of my favourite things, see Wicked! The Musical. It gets better every time I see it, and I must admit I love Fiyero!!! He is my favourite.
We then headed down to Docklands on the tram, and, unfortunately the Melbourne Eye wasn't open yet!

Luckily for Aaron, Docklands wasn't a complete failure. Bumping into such legends as Kylie Minogue, and as you can see, John Farnham.
Not all celbrities were this metallic. As we were crossing the road we passed Jason Akamanis (sorry about the spelling!). His hair is still horrible in the off season. There must have been an AFL wedding.

Just a little pic by the river! By now my feet were aching! Silly vanity - should have worn more comfy shoes!
That night we headed to Italian Central - Lygon St. This is Mafia city, underground crime place, but some of the BEST Italian food you will taste and if you are not there after 11pm the place is jam packed with people, you are fine! We went to my favourite, Papa Ginos for dinner then on to Gelati heaven. A great way to finish a big day!
Sunday of course was church, a walk through the Gardens, St Patrick's Cathedral (some beautiful stained glass, Parliament etc etc etc. We then had dinner and went to a fireside. After that we headed down to St Kilda Pier and visited the Fairy Penguin Colony (I refuse to call them by there now politically correct name little penguins, fairy is cuter).
Monday is a day to make my brothers jealous.
The MCG Tour. Need I say more? We went through the change rooms, the stands, the media boxes, the coach boxes, the clubhouses, saw the view from the top and, as you can see from this next picture. I stood on the turf at the MCG. Jealous yet????
Well that was our 3 days. It was a whole lot of fun! I am excited to come home. Also very excited if you guys would maybe come visit me so we can do something similar!
Love you all
Janey.


3 comments:
You're right Janus, I am jealous. Would love to venture out onto the sacred turf.
So how many times have you seen Wicked now? Sounds like a bit of a strange obsession.
Good to hear you are having so much fun.
Dave
WOW that was a whole lot of places packed into one weekend - sounds like you are quite the tour guide - do you get any commission from your services?
I knew there was something I forgot to ask him... ahhhh what kind of saleswoman am i?
Post a Comment